Sunday, July 17, 2011

10 extra minutes = a world of difference

 I skip stretching. Guilty as charged. When I get back from a run the last thing I want to do is spend any more time in sweaty stinky clothes than I have to. Plus, there's usually a baby that needs changing or feeding and dogs that need letting out. In short, I have shit to do and can't be bothered.

Those are some pretty lame excuses considering a more religious stretching regimen could have saved me a lot of pain and frustration as I do battle with my natural bio-mechanics.

One of my former students sent me this video for a 10-minute yoga-based post-run stretching routine. I feel great after taking the time to do this and experience much less residual soreness later in the day. Take an extra 10 minutes to stretch, it's completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment